Monday 1 April 2013

Gel Nails

source(google.com.pk)
Gel Nails Biography
Bio Sculpture Gel is a one component nail treatment that strengthens and promotes the growth of natural nails. Applied onto a prepared nail our product cures under a UVA light, leaving the nail strong but flexible with a natural glossy finishMy friend owns a spa  and recently added nail services.  I like manicures and pedicures, but I hate waiting for them to dry, and I always seem to ruin them before I leave the salon!  Plus my nails grow at a rate of 1-mm per day, so 2 days later, I’m already removing my manicure.  My friend recommended gel nails because they last longer.  I wanted to get gel nail with Japanese nail art when I was in Hong Kong last year, but I couldn’t fit it into my scheduleThe main difference between acrylic and gel is the type of chemicals used and hence different curing process.
The chemical in acrylic nails is a mixture of powdered acrylic and chemical acrylic nails.  Acrylics are cured in the air within minutes (maximum time 15 minutes).  The chemicals in acrylics stink during the application process.  Acrylics can be removed by a mixture of solvents (including acetone), a process that takes 15 to 20 minutes.  The one time I did get acrylic nails, the nail technician filed it off.  The most common and oldest is acrylic nails.  Acrylics are suppose to be stronger than gels.
The chemical in gel nails is a polymer resin.  The gels are cured under UV light (or a gel activator) within minutes.  The chemicals in gels do not emit any odours during the application process.  According to BioSculpture’s website, there is a solvent for removing the nail, but many nail technicians may opt to file the gel.  Gel nails are not as strong as acrylics, but look more natural.  Gels cost more than acrylics.
It seems like acrylic is the better option from my comparison, being cheaper and more durable.  However, I had acrylics nails many years ago and I DO NOT recommend it.  They’re suppose to be strongest, but one of my nails broke and I had to get them removed ASAP.  The process left uneven ridges in my nails for a year!  My gels lasted 6.5 weeks before they started to delaminate.
UV gel vs. Biogel…
There were two types of gel nails available from my friend’s spa.  UV and Biogel.  The difference?  Biogel is a specific brand of gel called Bio Sculpture.  Some nail salons will advertise Biogel nails as being organic, but that’s not true.  The premium price is for the the popular brand.
The process…
I chose Biogel because my friend went the previous week and hers looked really nice.  She got a purple glitter at the tips.  The glitter transition looks great because its not as obvious when its growing out.  Since one of my nails were too short (left index fingernail broke as usual!), the nail technician added a nail tip to that finger.  Layers of gel was applied, with a thinner layer applied near the cuticle.  Black glitter was applied at the tips and a final layer of gel was added.  The entire process was quick, I was only in the salon for an hourLesson learned.  When it starts delaminating, you should go in and get it removed!  Sometimes I frugal in the oddest situations.  I did like having the gel nails, my nails felt stronger and I could grow my nails out longer than usual.  I felt like I had grown-up adult nails, because mine are usually stubby or chipped.  Anyways, I wanted a break from gel nails for now.  I will get them done again, maybe in a few weeks after my right index finger grows out, because I don’t want to get an artificial nail tip like the one I had on my left index finger.  My friend painted my nails Tiffany Blue just for fun, but I already chipped it on the way home!  The nail polish looks lumpy because there’s still some gel underneath.  The nail polish also chipped quickly because the polish could not adhere well to the gels that were still on my nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails
Gel Nails

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing piece of content, loved reading it till rest. hauteher for girls only

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...