Monday 1 April 2013

Star Nails

source(google.com.pk)
Star Nails Biography

I've tried this place three times now and it's only ever 'eh'... I never feel like they do that great of a job and rush you in and out. Now, I don't want to hang around for hours, I have things to do but most places include a hand massage w/your mani.
Next time, stay on 3A into Weymouth and stop at either Indulgent or Elegant nails. They both do a much better job and pedi's include hot stone leg massage at the same price as Star NailsI can walk to this place from my house. I have been here a handful of times over the years, but I think that service and cleanliness has declined over the past 2 years. The latest time I was there will be my last. Blech.

Manis/pedis aren't relaxing, and aren't anything special. Not a big variety of in-season colors, and many of the bottles they have are old and crusty and look like came from the dollar bins of an asian dollar store. They should invest in new, updated colors. Also, it's such a hassle to use a credit card here, I have avoided coming here at times just to avoid the stress of this. Sometimes they take credit cards, no problem, and other times they grill me about it endlessly. The level of ability to understand and speak basic English has also declined at this place.

I find this place to be less sanitary than other places. The manicure stations are not clean. For instance, at any given moment when getting a mani, someone's used fake nails are always sitting to the side of the counter I am using. The hand rests are also mostly stained. Gross. Also, when getting spa pedi's done, I have never seen them wipe down the spa tubs with anything other than dirty, used rags. Gross. More times than not, when I am in there, there is often 1 or 2 dogs sitting on a spa chair. Gross. Unsanitary. I could deal with all other issues except the sanitation issue.

Cheap manis and pedis, but you get what you pay for. And you may even get more than you paid for, in the form of a fungus or infection.I came in today for an acrylic fill with gel polish. The technician used a huge electric filer to file my gels off, and when I pulled my hand away from the heat/pain a few times, she acted like it was normal and explained that she put the fan on to cool my hands down (to her credit she did press down on my nails with her fingers to alleviate the pain, but I've had plenty of acrylic fills and I KNOW that it doesn't have to hurt when you remove the polish. Overall, though, I was pretty happy with the quality of the fill.

The polish job is acceptable, but considering that during the manicure it looked like she was going to great lengths to retouch everything she did (always grabbing the file again, making sure nothing got under the polish, etc.), I'm surprised that the polish job looks just okay. I was expecting a little better.

I'm not disappointed, but I'm definitely not impressed! We'll see how long the polish lasts-- if it makes it a full two weeks (not holding my breath) I'll give this place another shot!

One good thing I should mention: My nails were looking pretty shabby and I asked the tech if she thought I needed a new set, and she looked at them and said "No, you're okay. I am always honest, I won't tell you to get a new set unless I think you really need one!" I did appreciate that!first of all, i came in without an appointment. when i went in there were three techs, three people being serviced, and two people waiting.  i told them what i wanted and they said fine and told me to wait.  i waited with the other 2 women.  they eventually put me in a pedi chair and left me to soak while the techs finished. by the time they finished, 15 minutes had passed and i was completely waterlogged. so anyway, when a tech is available for me, three customers come in and say they have a 430 appointment for pedi/mani (keep in mind, the three techs just started on me and the two other women, and it was 430). so, my tech, whose name i dont know, did my mani and pedi in about 10 minutes. i am not exagurrating. she had no trouble hardly giving me any attention at all just so she could hurry up and get done with me. i finished WAY before the other 2 women who were waiting when i got there. how ridiculous. i will not be back. needless to say, the paint job sucks, it's already chipped, and she didn't remove any cuticle. she also didn't paint all the way down the nail so it looks like i have stubby nails.
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails
Star Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...